Approximately 5 hours
For this Grand Teton National Park tour, We will meet and introduce ourselves at your place of lodging. The first stop of the wildlife tour will be at Flat Creek to view multiple varieties of waterfowl. Trumpeter swans frequently inhabit this area. Then we will continue on to the National Elk Refuge, with the first view of the Tetons over your west shoulder. After spending sufficient time for viewing and photography, we will continue on to Gros Ventre Junction, turning to view the east side of the valley and the Gros Ventre River. Again, the potential for wildlife viewing is great along the waterfront and it is worth being vigilant. The next planned stop will be the history-rich community of Kelly, Wyoming, home to some of the earliest settlors of this region. Wildlife may have a different stop in mind, however, so be ready!
Continuing north, we will be able to view Kelly Warm Springs, one of the few thermal features to be found in Grand Teton National Park. The tour now takes a turn to the geologically rich side of Jackson Hole. The Gros Ventre Slide, one of the largest earth slides in North America, will be reviewed in detail. This is a truly beautiful area of the park and is worth the visit, with red hills to the north and the Gros Ventre River and the magnificent geologic event on the south.
We will return through the Gros Ventre onto the next area to be viewed, collectively known as Mormon Row, which is home to the famous Moulton barn. Photographed by millions, this historic man-made structure seems to enhance the wild nature of the park. We think you will agree. The next scheduled stop will be the Moose Visitor Center. After the Visitor Center we will venture down the Moose-Wilson Road, allowing wildlife and photographs to be our guide home. (Teton Village with a Tram ride is an optional excursion.)
All of our tours Include:
- Local Pickup & Dropoff at your lodging (Town of Jackson, Teton Village, Moose)
- Interpretive Guide Service
- Late model vans provide individual seating with large windows, air conditioning and stand-up comfort.
- Leupold, Bushnell & Nikon Binoculars and spotting scopes
- Field Guides and interpretive manuals.
- Coolers for water and drinks
- Regular comfort stops along the way.
- ADA accessible van.
- Park service concessions, grocery store and restaurant stops by request.
- Not Included: National Park Passes, Rain Jackets, Ponchos, Food or Snacks.